BEYEM FIR PREMIUM adhesive mortar
C1E improved cementitious adhesive.
BEYEM FIR PREMIUM is an improved cementitious adhesive, formulated based on cement, selected aggregates, organic additives and synthetic resins that improve the workability, water retention, open time and adherence of the mortar. Anti-hook. It allows the rectification of pieces. Indoor Environment Quality.
- Greater resistance to water and heat.
- High water retention capacity.
- Greater mechanical performance.
- High open time, allows the rectification of pieces.
- Greater finesse. High plasticity.
- High initial adhesion.
- Doesn't pick up.
- Very low VOC emissions.
Placement of ceramic pieces of small and medium format, high and medium absorption in interior linings and interior and exterior flooring.
The useful supports for the application of BEYEM FIR PREMIUM are:
- Conventional supports based on cement.
- Rendered with mortar.
- Concrete floors.
The previously indicated supports must be healthy, clean, free of traces of paint, poorly adhered parts or substances that may hinder adhesion. All supports must have adequate flatness. The support must not have clear humidity problems and, where appropriate, it must have completed its curing shrinkage, having respected its maturation period. In case of heat, wind or on highly absorbent supports, it is advisable to moisten the support and wait for the water film to disappear. Do not apply on plaster or paint.
How to use
Knead BEYEM FIR PREMIUM with 6.25-7.25 liters of clean water per 25kg bag manually or with an electric mixer until a homogeneous, creamy and lump-free mixture is obtained. Let stand 5 minutes before application.
The small-format pieces are placed by “combing” the paste on the support with a 6×6 mm notched trowel. For formats larger than 400 cm2, an 8×8 mm notched trowel will be used. The tiles must be pressed until the adhesive grooves are crushed.
The paste will spread on surfaces of approx. 1 m2 so that the time available between spreading the adhesive and placing the piece is less than the open time (30 minutes in normal conditions but may be reduced in conditions of high temperatures and/or winds). It is convenient to check if the open time has expired or if the gluing is being correct, for this it is enough to place a piece and lift it from time to time to see if the adhesive remains adhered to both the support and the ceramic tile. A total wetting of the back of the tiles must be obtained.
- On plaster supports, apply a primer with BEYEM FIJADOR, which will prevent contact between the plaster and the cement of the adhesive, thus avoiding adverse reactions.
- Do not apply on plastic, metal or wood.
- Do not apply below 5ºC or above 30ºC.
- Do not apply with risk of frost, rain, strong winds or direct sun.
- Leave joints with a minimum thickness of 2 mm between pieces and grout with BEYEM JUNTA UNIVERSAL/BEYEM JUNTA EXTRAFINA.
- In pavements larger than 30 m2, leave partition or division joints filled with a deformable material.
- In interior flooring with a surface area greater than 15 m2, it is recommended to leave a free perimeter expansion joint between the flooring and the wall or pillar, hidden by the skirting board.